For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is MyAssays Limited, 21 Hampton Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3DA, UK.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in any information on our site www.myassays.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by MyAssays Limited or report a problem with our site;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your enquiries; and
• Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our carefully selected advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your internet usage around our site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
• To speed up your searches; and
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
3. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for always keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your log in details and password with anyone, and we do reserve the right to suspend your account if we have reason to believe that you have shared such details with a third party. If you believe, or reasonably suspect, that your password is known to someone else, you should immediately inform us so that we can take the appropriate action and minimise any disruption of your use of our site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our best endeavours and strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to enable us to provide you with the best service possible;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• Where applicable, to provide access to privileged and/or restricted areas of our site and to provide you with additional information relevant to you;
• To notify you about changes to our service, and to monitor and improve our site; and
• To notify any third party referrers with whom we have referral arrangements in place, as to who has made use of their referral/discount codes on the site.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about further goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry made to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third party referrers to use your data, we, or they, will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third party referrers for marketing purposes, then please notify us using the Send Message button below or write to us at 21 Hampton Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3DA, UK and we will remove you from our list for marketing purposes.
5. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We may agree to carefully selected third party advertising being placed on our site. The advertisements that appear will be delivered to you, on our behalf, by our web advertising partners. Information about your visits to our site, such as the number of times you have viewed an advertisement (but NOT your name, address or other personal details) is used to serve such third party advertisements.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties on the following basis:
• If MyAssays Limited is, or substantially all of its assets are, acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
• You agree to the sharing of your data with other users of the site within certain parameters of the site, including but not limited to any messages posted to discussion forums. We will endeavour to make it clear what data will be made public, or shared with our third party referrers, before you post such data, and in such circumstances your continuance to post data will be construed as your agreement to share the data/make it public.
• You have come to the site via a referral/discount code provided by a third party with whom we have a referral arrangement in place, and to whom we are required to confirm use of any such referral/discount codes by you within the site. In such circumstances we shall confirm to the third party referrer your contact details in order to comply with our referral arrangements and your continued use of the site shall imply your acceptance of such referral arrangements and the sharing of your contact details with the third party referrer.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 21 Hampton Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3DA, UK. or using the Send Message button below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10. DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
In the United Kingdom, we operate, and are registered, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
You always have the right to opt-out of subscribing to our site, and to receiving emails and newsletters from us. If you wish to opt-out, please send an email requesting to unsubscribe or use the Send Message button below.